Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Same, Same But Different


Recently I received a SMS notifying me that my Sideshow Commander Gree has arrived. in fact I have forgotten I ordered it, I lost count of how many clones I have & what is available out there. Many are similar with just a change of color. However I dun deny the clones does look good when all the color are put together. Thankfully Commander Gree was more then just a color strip change.

At times I wonder how many variant can a toy company produced before the collectors grow tired? If they ever will, or collector wants even more of the "Same, Same But Different" items.
That formula must be working to great extend. Hasbro has made countless number Darth Vader (in 3 3/4 inch format). Anyone counting? More power for those who are still collecting them!
Hot Toys with their multi color variant/repaint of Ironman tat they disguise as exclusive! More power to those who buy them!
…& Dragon for trying to make every single german soldier that served the Third Reich. If you are sbuying every German figure DML makes…. Please seek professional help.

To demonstrate of "Same, Same But Different" I made this Clone Trooper Pantone color chart. & even I got tired before I could get beyond the color orange...

Resized JPEG graphic


Resized JPEG graphic


Resized JPEG graphic


Resized JPEG graphic

2 comments:

LEon said...

Repaint is always a proved worked formula that many company go for that.

Little Plastic Man said...

This is funny! But sadly we are suckers for it...hahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...